This past weekend our Executive Director had the opportunity to make a personal visit to this Teton Village property located in the heart of scenic Jackson Hole, WY.
As their website states, “Hotel Terra Jackson Hole offers the exceptional amenities and services expected from boutique hotels, combined with environmentally sustainable building and operating practices to provide guests with a relaxing yet eco-friendly vacation experience.” We totally agree!
In addition to the natural landscaping, the hotel boasts many wonderful sustainable features such as a living green moss wall in the lobby and cruiser bikes available for hotel guests’ use.
Some of their other eco-features include:
- 100% electric power and natural gas is offset with purchases of clean energy sources via BEF.
- Heating/cooling systems are computer controlled and hotel rooms are powered down when not in use or calibrated for specific occupancy expectations.
- Large amounts of outside air are circulated into the guestrooms and energy recovery technology recoups 81% of the heat from the exiting stale air.
- Hotel soap dishes and bathroom counter tops are made from recycled glass, including glass reclaimed from skyscrapers.
- Mattresses are organic, including a salt-water based flame retardant.
- Pillows in guest rooms are composed of recycled plastic bottles.
- Sheets, towels, bath mats, and bathrobes are all made from 100% organic cotton.
- Many of the furniture pieces have been crafted using salvaged, recycled and natural materials.
They are continually implementing new eco-friendly operational practices. Learn more here