Greetings from the Annual ISSP Conference
A dispatch from SSC consultant Alexandra Kueller
Today is the first day of the 2014 ISSP Conference, and I’m here in Denver excited for the conference to get started! ISSP, or the International Society of Sustainability Professionals, annually holds a conference to allow sustainability professionals from all around the world to come together to discuss, network, and learn from one another.
The next two days will be filled a variety of speakers covering a wide range of topics relating to sustainability. As much as I would like to attend each and every breakout session, I just don’t think that is possible. Instead, I’ve compiled a list of some of the sessions I am looking forward to:
- Joel Makower’s keynote address on the state of green business
- The Responsible Revolution: The Business Case for Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability presented by Jeffrey Hollender
- Building Resiliency in Supply Chain Communities: A New Hub for Thought Leadership, Investment and Action presented by Sarah Beaubien, Jennifer Gallegos, and Mary Beth Cote Jenssen
- Energy Trends, Policy, and Embedding Initiatives: Sustainability Practitioners Going Beyond plenary session
- Influences and Trends in Sustainability Reporting and Assurance presented by Chris Hagler
- A View from the C Suite presented by Jane Okun Bomba
- The Future of Sustainable Innovation presented by Tim Swales
Overall, I’m eager to see (and hear) how the sustainability industry has changed in the past year and what’s to come in the future!
If you are also attending the ISSP Conference, feel free to let me know – I would love to grab coffee with you!