AGPOM Membership Overview
AGPOM is a unique green property management association that recognizes the direct correlation between risk management and sustainability. We help our members embrace the risk management and sustainability connection, leveraging it for their benefit, to improve overall control of property and business risk. From basic sustainability planning, to accessing discounted green products and services, click below to explore the many benefits available to members.
Click here to fill out the membership form and start saving today!
By joining, AGPOM members are able to:
- Reduce operating costs, lower carbon footprints and increase property values with AGPOM’s Green Behavioral Plans.
- Utilize AGPOM’s group insurance program for Premium Credits and Specialty Green Insurance Programs.
- Leverage AGPOM’s renewable energy credit (REC) program.
- Take advantage on discounted online courses and programs through BOMI International and Poplar Network
- Obtain discounted sustainability and enterprise risk consulting services
- Access green attorneys at discounted rates.
- Stay up-to-date on green news and trends.
- Enhance their image with use of the AGPOM member seal and plaque.
For more information on AGPOM Membership Benefits Click here
Membership Types and Levels
The main type of membership, known as Primary, is open to a wide range of business classes. Target members include owners, managers and commercial tenants of the following building types:
- Hotels, Casinos and Resorts
- Office Buildings
- Retail and Mixed Use Properties
- Multifamily Dwellings
- AGPOM Level I: These members have yet to commit to one of the AGPOM Green Property Plans and do not hold Energy Star, LEED or Green Globe certifications. They have not yet made the official jump into the sustainability movement, but have some curiosity and welcome additional information.
- AGPOM Level II: These are property owners and managers that have committed to one of the AGPOM Green Property Plans.
- AGPOM Level III: These members have achieved Energy Star, LEED and/or Green Globes Certifications at a minimum of one of their properties.
Achieving higher levels of membership within AGPOM results in greater benefits to the member. For instance, members are not eligible for use of the AGPOM seal until they achieve “Level II”. Level III Members will receive an engraved bamboo plaque for their corporate office. Further, AGPOM’s insurance partner, Distinguished Programs, offers increasing premium credits based on escalating membership level.
AGPOM offers a second category of membership classified as Associate membership. Associate members are business services companies interested in supporting AGPOM primary members. Examples include: Environmental Organizations, Construction Companies, Engineering Firms, Building Services Companies, Risk Management Services Providers, and other “green” suppliers.
Start reducing your carbon footprint and gain recognition for your sustainability efforts. For a limited time join at the special rate of $100 per location, per year! Available for all new members. Membership enrollment – Join Now!
Membership fees paid to The Association of Green Property Owners and Managers are not tax deductible as charitable contributions. However, they may be tax deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses.